Edit Skin Weights

Hey guys,

Has anybody done any work with creating custom skinning weights?

I thought I read somewhere you can't do this, and while it doesn't seem to be to straight forward I did manage to get somewhere using capture files, though the weighting doesn't seem to add up unless its normalized after the fact.  My only actual concern is that the weighting in the file is calculating something based on the cregions or something to that effect, I doubt it but what do I know.

It seems like a capture file would be the only way to specify the actual cregion.  Or is there a way to get a bone ID map?  I have no idea where I would look for that. 

EDIT- I'm over thinking this aren't I? The "Bone Id map" is just the position of the bones string in that parameter that lists the bones, I'll need to look into that when I get a chance.

EDIT AGAIN- It looks the mapping works by mapping the bones backward in the extra regions parameter.

The section in the Docs i found about this is marked obsolete, so I'm a little lost.

Okay for anyone whose interested in the HDK solution, 

Using gdp->getCaptureRegionIndex and specifying the name of the bone you can get the index out. Calculate weights then gdp->setCaptureWeights to set the weights.  It's actually pretty simple. 

Thanks.

Edited by captain