transform node

timfagan

I'm trying to simply move a polygon sphere around in my scene, attaching a transform node usually lets me use the move tool (T) to move the whole thing around. But for some reason when I click my sphere it is auto attaching an edit node to my node tree and making me select individual polygon faces to move.

I think I must have miss clicked some setting or something, because it hasn't done this before and I can't seem to get it back.... Is there a way to stop this annoying auto-behavior?

thanks in advance!

Edited by kayman

Its probably the selection mode that you were in when you selected the sphere.

You want to select the object, not the geometry inside, if you want to move the entire thing, instead of the sum of the points/primitives.

You can also just manually attach a transform node in sop level.

just have your mouse in the network view, press tab, and type transform, and it should auto complete.

Then you can just link up the nodes, select the transform node in the network view, move your mouse to the scene view and press enter.

That way you go into edit mode and you should be able to move around the object as well.

• Like 1