Trouble with POP Proximity

Kaprolactam

Hi all,

I'm currently trying to simulate droplets running down a box that suck up (kill) droplets in their path. So I thought that the proximity node should be perfect for this, only to realize that it's giving me a lot of trouble. If you kindly have a look at the attached file, there are plenty of particles around so that all particles should be triggered by the POP proximity and thus added to the group that in turn colors them red. But it just doesn't happen!

What I see here is that over a couple of frames the proximity is triggered for more and more particles but not for all of them and they should be plenty close enough to each other.

I'm completely at loss as to why that is the case. Maybe someone of you would be so nice and enlighten me what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks in advance!

So, after much faffing about I found the solution, albeit I can't say I understand why it works. Apparently there is a difference between plugging scattered points into the popnet and then emitting by points and plugging the geometry straight into the popnet and then using the source node to scatter particles onto the surface. The latter works with the POP proximity, the former doesn't. Pretty weird.

Edited by Kaprolactam