a quick Point Cloud query...

Hi,

I've just been trying to set up a simple attribute propagation effect with pcopen.  I can't work out why the 'Max Points' parameter appears to have no bearing on the number of points affected (besides a binary on/off difference between the values of zero and one).  The search radius alone seems to drive the effect.  No doubt this is my misunderstanding of how pcopen works, but I can't seem to work it out.  If anyone is able to explain the reason for this, I'd be really grateful.

I've included my Hip file, in case anyone has a moment to look at it.  Thanks!

pcopen_propagate.hip

the point cloud only has a single point.  that's why it's acting like a toggle instead of a count.

vex code is iterating on each point in the source geo.  the pcopen/pciterate is iterating over each point it finds in your point cloud (second input in your sample file) for every iteration of your vex code -- ie, on each source point.

your green dots are colored based on each individual dot finding the single point in the point cloud since it's within the search radius for that dot.

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at the file and so quickly! I figured that it must be a misunderstanding on my part but couldn't find an explanation and it seems I just got confused as to which way round things were operating.  Really grateful for your help!