blend effect between different geometry

pau22

Hello everyone!

I have attached a scene with a simple setup. This is a result from a rbd sim. I would like to run a flip simulation from this geometry but first I need to find a way to make the original geometry blend with the mesh of the fluid simulation.

The idea is to get a smooth transition between the geometry itself (with shaders and textures) and the polygons from the particles.

Any ideas how I could achieve that?

Thank you

blend_test.hip

FLIP are points so you start with that, you got geo you want to turn into points. Next step is to feed the points into the FLIP stream. I'll see if I can get something set up for you but here's a similar example, going from Pyro to FLIP...

1 minute ago, Farmfield said:

FLIP are points so you start with that, you got geo you want to turn into points. Next step is to feed the points into the FLIP stream. I'll see if I can get something set up for you but here's a similar example, going from Pyro to FLIP...

Yes, in that example everything are points (Pyro and FLIP) but I haven't found anything about converting geo to mesh from points like morph target.

I will take a look at the video. Thanks.

Well, no, Pyro isn't points. ;)

It's about shifting something into points if you want to "add" it to the FLIP, which I was thinking here. But if you are talking more about the actual transition, you'd do it in the fluid meshing, converting your object to VDB and combining it in/during meshing. The new particle fluid surface SOP is a digital asset and I think it would be easiest to do this inside that as you already have the VDB conversion going on in there.