Name attribute

Hello,

I added two levels of voronoi fractures to my object and it seems that when I fracture (second time) my object it doesn't take into consideration the first pieces. What I see is that the name of first fractures is deleted once the second fractures happens. Is there a way of keeping or taking into account the pieces from first fractures no matter how many times do I apply voronoi fracture node? See the attached file as an example.

Thank you very much.

name attribute.hipnc

Edited by feresteanud

Fracturing twice while wanting to keep pieces from the first is a contradiction. What are you trying to achieve by using two voronoi nodes that can't be done in one?

Inputing your first fracture into a for each node set to name for recursive fracturing is a legitimate technique.

Simply store name in some temporary attribute and propagate it to inside surfaces of new pieces in for-each loop run over new pieces.

nested_name.hipnc

I used Attribute Copy, which intended to copy from matching geometry, but since unmatched will copy values from zeroth primitive, which will have correct value if we blast inside group, it will work properly. Another way is to promote oldname to detail and then back, also inside same for-each: it seems, empty values will be properly discarded in favor of something non-empty, at least, when Maximum mode is chosen. Third way is to find first occurrence of non-empty name inside wrangle and use it. Here is similar example, since you may need to shatter each piece differently.