Fedora Core 1 And Houdini 8

davedjohnson

I did a fresh install of Fedora Core at home and tried to install Houdini 8.0.320 beta. Everything seemed ok, until I tried to run hkey.

It said that it couldn't find libstdc++.so.6.

It doesn't seem to be on the disks I got with my RedHat Linux Bible, and I can't tell what's missing to go get it on the web.

Can anyone give me some setup help?

Dave

Fist update the database on your system so you can search your dirves. It may take a few minutes.

updatedb

then try to see if that library object exists on your machine

locate libstdc++

This will return all files on your drive with libstdc++ in the name

If you return a match, that means this library is on your computer and all you need to do is add the folder it is in to your LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

If it isn't on your system, you will have to check your CD or online for a compat-libstdc++X.rpm. This provides depreciated c++ library objects and it's probably in there.

Thanks for your help. I upgraded to Fedora Core 4 (because it's the latest. (That's good right? :unsure: )

I did the updatedb thing and it didn't find the version 5 libraries, so I installed the compat.rpms and now I get a message:

hkey: error while loading shared libraries: /opt/hfs8.0.324/dsolib/libHoudiniUT.so: cannot restore segment prot after reloc: Permission denied

What does this mean?

Dave

• 3 weeks later...