How To Work With Proximity Group In Vop

dong shin

There is an option for creating the proximity group in proximity node, and I want to use that proximity group information in vop to figure out some information like average velocity and second closest point's velocity...etc. I want to do this for each particle, so I can't specify the group name in vop. Any idea? Even without using with vop, can someone posts an info or a file that uses proximity group in pop? Thanks in advance!

Thanks!

In my case, the problem using a point cloud instead of proximity method is that based on proximity group info, I want to change the motion of particles. So point cloud method will not work for my case. :blink: What is the point of having the "creathing proximity group" option in proximity node, if there is no useful method of using it in pop.

There probably is, but maybe not for what you are trying to do, I'm not too familiar with pops though. When you said you wanted a different group for each particle I just thought of point clouds as the answer. All the things you mention in your original mail can be done with a point cloud, what extra does directly using the group tell you?

There is this command is vex though

int ingroup(string group_name; int point_number)

which will return 1 if the particle is in the group.

I don't think there is a vop for it, but you can insert it with the inline vop.

But it you still won't be able to have a different group for every particle.