Point Attributes To I3d Shop

craiglhoffman

I want to vary the shader settings for an i3d render so that Points (or MetaBalls) render in the same texture with different individual settings for density, noise settings, etc.

Usually for non-i3d things I would just put the shader parameter name (like 'diffr'/'diffg'/'diffb' for "VEX Plastic") as a Point Attribute and Mantra picks it up automatically and uses this at render time, overriding the parameter value in the SHOP being used.

This doesn't seem to work for i3d- I set point attributes for geometry that I sent to an i3d render using "Raw Geometry" by setting 'rough' and 'turb' in the point attribute for use by the "VEX Meta Cloud" SHOP but it only used the settings in the i3d SHOP.

This kind of makes sense with how i3d works, but can this sort of thing (varying i3d Shop settings per point/metaball) be done for i3d?

Thanks for any help.

Craig Hoffman

hey craiglhoffman

you could start with this link, sven wrote this shader,

http://odforce.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=2909

another factor that sometimes hides from the gui is the copy point attr to prim in the copy sop, ticking "use template point attr"

i know this helps with the i3d inhereting the color, havent tried with turb etc

hope this helps

aracid :blink: