How To Get Bounding Sphere

Hi gurus,

Simple problem: how do I access the radius of the bounding sphere of a set of points?

I tried feeding my points into a sphere SOP, which does create a bounding sphere, but then when I want to access the radius I call

ch("/obj/my_object/bounding_sphere/radx") but this always returns 1, no matter what the bounding sphere's radius really is.

there has to be a simple solution to this, eh?

thanks

markus

Hi gurus,

Simple problem:  how do I access the radius of the bounding sphere of a set of points?

I tried feeding my points into a sphere SOP, which does create a bounding sphere, but then when I want to access the radius I call

ch("/obj/my_object/bounding_sphere/radx") but this always returns 1, no matter what the bounding sphere's radius really is.

there has to be a simple solution to this, eh?

thanks

markus

21548[/snapback]

It's returns a value of 1 because it's referencing the value of the parameter, not the actual sphere that's being generated... you'll notice those parameters are grayed out when you've got something plugged into the sphere input, I guess that's to mean the Radius parameter is being overridden...

Anyway, try using a bbox expression to measure the bounding size of the geometry and then take half of that to get the radius:

bbox("/obj/my_object/bounding_sphere",D_XSIZE)*.5

Thanks! That did the trick...

markus

It's returns a value of 1 because it's referencing the value of the parameter, not the actual sphere that's being generated... you'll notice those parameters are grayed out when you've got something plugged into the sphere input, I guess that's to mean the Radius parameter is being overridden...

Anyway, try using a bbox expression to measure the bounding size of the geometry and then take half of that to get the radius:

bbox("/obj/my_object/bounding_sphere",D_XSIZE)*.5

21549[/snapback]