Applets In Hbrowser

doc

Has anyone ever tried putting an applet in hbrowser?

Did it work?

22207[/snapback]

Yulp, it worked fine. A long while back I made an applet which had a slider which sent like 10k hscript commands from the applet to Houdini, (just to see how fast the feed back could be)......

It wasn't real time feed back but it worked. Assuming the number of commands you are sending isn't excessive its pretty darn fast.

Where did you get the java plugin from?

Was there a particular version of the java plugin that was required?

22219[/snapback]

Well poop on a stick....I had it working in Houdini 6.6 but I can't remember all the hoops....

I remember downloading the Java runtime environment from Sun....and copying the libjavaplugin_oji.so to the hbrowser directory....

let me check when i get home..i have notes. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Well poop on a stick....I had it working in Houdini 6.6 but I can't remember all the hoops....

I remember downloading the Java runtime environment from Sun....and copying the libjavaplugin_oji.so to the hbrowser directory....

let me check when i get home..i have notes.  :)

22226[/snapback]

Something must have changed or my memory is completely faulty. I can't get it to work with Houdini 8 and the jre1.5.

I tried to symlink the plugin and a couple of the components but that didn't work. You have any luck?

Might have to call the big guns in on this one.

Something must have changed or my memory is completely faulty.  I can't get it to work with Houdini 8 and the jre1.5.

I tried to symlink the plugin and a couple of the components but that didn't work.  You have any luck? 

22644[/snapback]

Na, I let it go a while ago. I figured if I was going to do anything in hbrowser I'd just do it in

javascript.

Luca