Cookie Cutter Query

kni8_2k

Hi guys,

this maybe a Newbie question. But I am a newbie. :)

Through scripting or any other way can you find out if the cookie cutter SOP was successfull.

ie. doing a A Minus B on two objects sometimes returns both objects, if they are not touching... or sometimes just returns a side of 1 of the objects rather than the full result of the operation.

Thanks in Advance.

sorry for the late response,

Thank you sibarick,

what happened was I used an expression to see if my lists were empty.. but.. it doesn't quite fix it.. I noticed cases where the boolean mesh is intersecting the original asset in multiple places. and so Some parts of the boolean were successfull and others were not. but all the groups were filled.

so still screwed.. :)

now I have another problem and that is degenerate primitives.. I don't really understand why the polyreduce is creating them. I'm only using it to triangulate the mesh. Hmmmmmm.. maybe I'm going about this the wrong way...

when going from a maya obj file to Houdini, is there a set of things I should go through to get the geometry CLEANED in houdini..

righht now I'm doing a poly reduce to triangulate, clean with all options on (which is causing some holes due to degerate Geo produced by the triangulate) and a fuse.

sorry for the late response,

Thank you sibarick,

what happened was I used an expression to see if my lists were empty.. but.. it doesn't quite fix it.. I noticed cases where the boolean mesh is intersecting the original asset in multiple places. and so Some parts of the boolean were successfull and others were not.  but all the groups were filled.

so still screwed.. :)

22649[/snapback]

How about adding a connection sop then a partition sop and checking how many groups it creates, of course you need to now how many intersections you were expecting...... hmmmmmm getting tricky, humans are good at this machines are not. How about RFEing a fuzzy logic AI sop?

To triangulate a mesh use the divide sop. The cookie sop will pre-triangulate anyway so you shouldn't need it.

Sounds like Maya producing messy geometry to me. :rolleyes: