Pixel Drop Out In Render

Hi,

I have just rendered a 180 frame sequence and when I play it back, I have (on random frames) random pixels that render as white. I'm using 8.0.454 with Windows 2000; the textures are RAT. The render settings are:

mantra -q 8, super sampling 3x3 with all other settings left at their defaults.

Usually it is me doing something stupid -- but on this occasion I can't figure where I'm being dumb. So any assistance would be gratefully received.

Ziggx

What's the nature of the render? Can we see pics?

Also, is there any specific reason that you're using the "-q" option rather than just disabling motion blur with the Motion Blur control at the top level of the mantra ROP?

Hi,

I have just rendered a 180 frame sequence and when I play it back, I have (on random frames) random pixels that render as white. I'm using 8.0.454 with Windows 2000; the textures are RAT. The render settings are:

mantra -q 8, super sampling 3x3 with all other settings left at their defaults.

Usually it is me doing something stupid -- but on this occasion I can't figure where I'm being dumb. So any assistance would be gratefully received.

Ziggx

25120[/snapback]

This may be due to bad computations (or bad geometry). If you run with -V P, mantra will run a little slower but also check for NANs (Not a number) in running shader code. The output is a little cryptic, but odds are that it may give you a clue as to where the NANs are coming from.

If it's possible to get an isolated case of this, I'm sure the people at SESI would love to track down what's going wrong. i.e. is it possible to generate a simple .ifd which has NANs when you run mantra with -VP?

post-790-1141061917_thumb.jpg

Here's the problem -- I'll try rendering with -V P switches. Interestingly, this problem only seens to happen when I render a sequence -- it's never happened when rendering individual frames.

This may be due to bad computations (or bad geometry).  If you run with -V P, mantra will run a little slower but also check for NANs (Not a number) in running shader code.  The output is a little cryptic, but odds are that it may give you a clue as to where the NANs are coming from.

If it's possible to get an isolated case of this, I'm sure the people at SESI would love to track down what's going wrong.  i.e.  is it possible to generate a simple .ifd which has NANs when you run mantra with -VP?

25136[/snapback]