Dragging out grid/box/primitive in viewport of custom size

alksndr

X4amD1y.jpg

Default Houdini is on the left, what i want is on the right. As far as I am aware, every other 3d program on the market allows you to do this, so I'm sure its possible in Houdini but I haven't been able to find out how. Please let me know if I'm missing a magic setting or maybe there's some kind of solution. Thank you!

Edited by alksndr

https://i.imgur.com/Q4sBjdg.gifv

Of course just after I posted i thought of a solution :P  very easy. I've been trying to implement some of the blender boxcutter stuff, houdini can do all of this it just needs to be built from scratch... I am sure theres a big performance hit not doing it through the C++ stuff but it is what it is. 

• 1 month later...

Would be nice to take this concept further to a DrawShape asset that supports workplanes (best fit plane from input selection as collision), drawing 3D shapes [width x depth then height] (a la Maya interactive create) and different primitives (spheres, tubes etc). I'll be trying it out.

Edited by limeforce