Prevent emitter from re-cooking on frames before its active?

HappehLemons

How do you prevent a fluid emitter that starts on frame 100 form being elevated on every previous frame when a change is made, even though it's not active until the 100th frame?

I've got an animation that runs before a fluid emitter starts on frame 100, but every adjustment on the the sim requires the 100 frames before the emitter to be evaluated again for every small change. How do I avoid that and only start evaluation on frame 100

It’s hard to answer without a proper file, but you may use a timeshift with an expression (if($F<100,100,$F), if your emitter is in sop context (and then you source it inside the Dop).

You can also use a switch node, that swith from a null to your proper emitter at frame 100 (also with an expression).

Not sure I understood your problem correctly, but hope it helps.

6 hours ago, StepbyStepVFX said:

It’s hard to answer without a proper file, but you may use a timeshift with an expression (if($F<100,100,$F), if your emitter is in sop context (and then you source it inside the Dop).

You can also use a switch node, that swith from a null to your proper emitter at frame 100 (also with an expression).

Not sure I understood your problem correctly, but hope it helps.

I was able to find what I was looking for. It was the' Start Frame" in the DOP Network setting. Thank you!