Unexpected end to hip file

ChazS

I just used 'recuva' to unearth an accidentally deleted hipnc files—and despite the files appearing in excellent health—Houdini won't open them. "Unexpected end to hip file" is all that pops up. The files were recovered off an extended drive (original location) the moment the deletion occurred. I didn't do anything else until the recovery process could be started. The newly recovered files were written to a different drive to ensure that the old files weren't being clobbered.

Anyway, I don't have any type of extended support with sidefx, so it appears I'm on my own. After much futility, I recreated the file structure, and opening from the former folder location, but that isn't working either. Setting the scene to manual has also failed. I've used the open file command and also double-clicking the file to initiate the opening process. Nada.

Strange enough; even after the error appears, when the file is being shut down, Houdini prompts me to save or discard the file that couldn't be opened...?

I was wondering if anyone else has successfully dealt with this issue and how they managed to do it? I've used recuva to great success in the past, but this time... blah. At this point I'm wondering how to rescue the files that have been recovered (if possible).

Thanks in advance.