How to make a password control in Houdini?

C_Q

Hi guys,

I need to make a login GUI in Houdini so that users can input their usename and password to log into our internal server to download assets for editing. The username control is easy but the password one is hard in that it needs to mask the input, e.g. with ‘*’. Is there any way to make this happen? Thanks for any inputs!

I'm working on Houdini 16.5 and our plugin needs to know the login status, so it's better that the suggested way can communicate the status between C++ code.

Thanks,
Quan

I also tried to get the password control and then addInterest to its VALUE CHANGE event, by following the doc here:
https://www.sidefx.com/docs/hdk/_h_d_k__u_i_native.html#HDK_UINative_Glue_GetGadget 

But the problem is that, in my Houdini 16.5 Core installation, I couldn't find the actual definition of UI_Feel. Any thoughts?

cantfinduifeel.png

• 2 weeks later...

Although I could get the UI_Feel object of the password control by doing this in the .ui file and corresponding .c file:
in .ui
password.gad = STRING_FIELD “Password”:LABEL_WIDTH VALUE(password.val) HSTRETCH;
in .c:
myPasswordGad = getFeelSymbol(“password.gad”);

But the problem is that I couldn't register a value change event for it as UI_Feel is not derived from the UI_Object:
//myPasswordVal.addInterest(myPasswordGad, CHANGECB(passwordValChanged)); ==> this won't compile.

So the new question is: how can I register a callback to handle the value change event of an edit control?