Transforming a Subnet

I have a subnet that is comprised of a bunch of RS lights (that have to remain on the OBJ level) and geometry that represents a practical light setup.

I need to animate all lights and geo as a single entity, so I've dropped down a null and parented the subnet to it.

'Child compensation' is turned on in the null to get the subnet to move, but for some reason the objects below move in the opposite direction of the null transform, and it appears to be a double translation as well.

Has anyone ever seen this? What can I do to get the subnet to cleanly inherit the the transforms of the null?

This can be replicated by dropping down a sphere, collapsing it into a subnet, then attaching it to a null.

Thanks.

--

mC

• Like 1

Annnnndddd I figured it out right after I posted. :rolleyes:

All of the objects in the subnet need to be wired/parented into the same input that will be in turn parented to the null.

So, I made another null inside of the subnet, renamed it 'OUT', parented it to the subnet input #1 node, and in turn parented everything else to that OUT null.

And wiring things like that, it appears the 'Child Compensation' flag is unnecessary.

Hope this helps someone else.

--

mC

• Like 1