Yannik

VDB does not export properly.

Hey! I don't really know how to properly describe my problem. I have created a cloud vdb from polygon geometry. Everything works and looks fine but when I imported it into c4d for rendering I noticed I only got a "real" volume export in some areas. I tried to export and re-import my vdb in houdini, it looks perfectly fine. But as soon as I create a Points from Volume sop I get the same issue again. It seems like there are only certain areas where "real" volume is created. I have no idea why this is happening and need a cloud effect for a project asap. Would really appreciate ANY help. 

2019-08-14 21_18_48-C__Users_Yannik_Dropbox_design_NIKSDA_WORK_BRIDGE_cloud_cover_001.hipnc - Houdin.jpg

2019-08-14 21_19_58-C__Users_Yannik_Dropbox_design_NIKSDA_WORK_BRIDGE_cloud_cover_001.hipnc - Houdin.jpg

Seems like the densities are too low in certain areas, you could give it a little boost. You can also try a VDB activate, sometimes that fixes certain issues.

23 hours ago, Whatsinaname said:

Seems like the densities are too low in certain areas, you could give it a little boost. You can also try a VDB activate, sometimes that fixes certain issues.

Thank you, that worked!