Sampling point attributes for volumes

IhabAli

Hello,

I'm trying to build a setup that would move volumetric noise along the spine of a sweep object, effectively changing the coordinate system of the noise to be based on an object, at least in 1 axis. I set this up using the following simple network:

image.thumb.png.f71e3031422cfcbd4d3cc65faa009848.png

Inside the volume VOP I'm finding the nearest point to the voxel and getting its curveu parameter value

image.thumb.png.3a07590cf2ea4cc2096e817d3bfce596.png

Problem is I'm getting this strange quantization in the volume for some reason 

image.thumb.png.527ff2b5de249223721e78354c229d12.png

Even through the curveu on the points appears smooth:

image.thumb.png.2ecf262d639b06d4e35c7a58fb11d162.png

I checked 3D texture and visualization settings but they don't seem to have any effect so I'm fairly certain this is not a viewport issue. 

Any idea what's happening?

Regards,

IA

Edited by IhabAli

Can you show your importpoint1 node parameters inside the volumevop ? Is it also connected to the second input ? Do you retrieve the right attribute ?

Also, try to render a mantra frame of it, to check it is not a viewport issue.

last but least in your vdbfrompolygon, did you check fog vdb with fill interior ? And is you mesh closed / airtight ?

Thanks JO. Not much going on with import point it's basically just the point() vex snippet and I'm retrieving the attribute I need. Mantra appears to render this smoothly but the view port would also render smoothly a volume that is sampled directly from the position of the voxel(e.g. with a volume wrangle or vop that basically does @density=@P.y in the case of my example) I'm not sure I understand why this particular method of sampling the attribute and assigning to the voxel causes view port issues. 

image.thumb.png.48689d4b1016b5268d8102c29d0d0cef.png

Edited by IhabAli