Tunnel (Procedural Atmos Visuals)

m-egger

What
So a while back here at Filmakademie, four of us got together for 4 (!) days to hack together something that would work with Dolby Atmos, a very special sound system that is supposedly "truly surround" and just has a crapton of speakers all around you.

How
We just built lots of different setups that were all driven by a velocity field from a smoke sim that was based on an animation matching the audio.

Quite happy with what came out at the end considering the time spent on it - it was great fun to work on it too.

I would gladly share all of our setups, but unfortunately, everything was wiped as we worked on a temporary network drive. *mega-facepalm* But well, now it's art.

The only thing left over is this one setup for the meshed smoke, which was one that I did: meg_glowsmoke_v16.hipnc

Hope you can learn something from it. :)

A huge shout out to my colleagues, Lucas Bruchhage, Tim Markgraf and Mike Razniewski that were such a great spirit.

• Like 4