Aniamtion Setup Help

zoki

Hi

here is one file what I would like to do is conect pump handle and bar so they move together-I copied parameter but I can tweak the distance

scroll through playbar and you will see whats the problem

I took a look at the file and you're pretty much there... right now you're referencing the Z rotation of the handle directly and sticking it into the Y translation of the "PumpBar". So you're handle is rotating to 40 degrees and it's sending the PumpBar down 40 units. There's a couple of ways you could change the distance range in the expression: either multiply the expression by a fractional amount and add an offset value to get that PumpBar into the right spot, or (much better) you could wrap your expression in a fit() function, try them both:

for null2's Y translation:

1.78-(.004*ch("../null1/rz"))

or:

fit(ch("../null1/rz"),0,40,1.78,1.62)

Do an "exhelp fit" in the textport for an explanation of the fit() expression... hope this helps!

-JS-

p.s.-if you're doing this for a class assignment then I'm telling your teacher :P

thanks very much exel :D

it is working!

btw its not for school assigment -I will probably have it for my reel though

I was looking to fit function yesterday for some other example from Houdini dvd but I just didnt see both examples as related

anyway tahnks again

zoran