invert matrix VOP with more than 2 packed object

tagosaku

hi, I am studying inverse matrix VOP with packed objects. 

When I apply the VOP with one packed object, everything is fine. However, when doing with two packed objects, I get unexpecting deformed result. I guess a key is "set attribute" VOP setting. Especially I am not sure how to use "point or primitive parameter". 

For instance, I use one packed primitive object and pick prim number 0. The result is correct.

1_pigOnly.thumb.jpg.5001f1c8c665136e6a71d8969aadd304.jpg

Next, I merge one more object and still keep selecting prim0 object to extract matrix. However, I got strange result. I am expecting pig should keep a default shape, and rubber could be deformed so much because of using prim 0's matrix.  

1_both.thumb.jpg.135e48f1b81d5f156599ddee2f0939d6.jpg

My guess is that I properly need to understand how to use setAttribute > pointOrPrimitive parameter.  Default value is -1, so I set to 0 in order to focus on outputting correctly for only pig. However, it does not work well.

setPrimIntrinsic.jpg.a66dd7aa97f548f506f96fb2d58fa188.jpg

attrVOP.thumb.jpg.4834ee023798899087cb1086d6683086.jpg

Thus, I appreciate if anyone tells me what wrong with my attached file, thank you so much. 

invertMatrixTest01.hip

Hi there,

First, instead of doing a parameter for prim_number, connect the global primnum into both primitive_intrinsic vop "prim" parameter. Because you want to grab the individual primitive number for both packed geo at the same time. 

Second, in you setattrib, you need to connect the global primnum into i1, again, you need to define which primitive number to set the intrinsic, so it knows to set intrinsic to the corespondent packed geo.

I tested and also added another packed geo and it should work, but unfortunately I can't upload the file since my work place doesn't allow to.

Hope this will help.

Edited by jimeng20