Mesh Won't Conform In 8.1

masstapro

Thanks Z,

I took your model and recreated the autoRig/captureRig. I'm calling it that because the autoRig tutorial failed to mention that you need to select 'Export Data To Capture Rig' under the autorigOP/ProxyAndCapture tab. The text for the CaptureRig OP turns Red once complete.

Under this OP, I selected the geo file again, display bones and Capture regions, then inside the viewport (or going inside capture network) and tab/edit capture regions, this way I can make sure all points are inside region. A couple of areas eluded me at first (calfs, bottom of feet, and middle of hand to name a few).

There are some great nulls set up to move the model around, but when moving the hands and arms, it's easier to go into IK and FK animation controll panels.

Questions:

I'll have to play around with them, but simply how do the Match IK/FK and visa versa work?

Also, I should start a new thread, but what's the best way to get muscle deformation working with this model? Want the thighs to stretch when squating.

Thanks,

~Shawn

www.massta.com

hi

to answer to theis thread and other that you have on muscles!

For me (and to this I am a total newbie) most important after you finnish skeleton is where your muscles will attach and what shape they will have!

So if you are doing real human I would advise to take one limb like hand or leg do your skeleton with controls and then parent muscle locators(null nodes) excatly where you want muscle attached.

Then inside the muscle setup their shape and then do capture by metaballs and paint weights.

IK/FK blend-if you have defaults on for autorig skeleton then it is I believe on 0-dissabled

so you need to put it on 1 in arms I think and you will get additional controlers

It would be possible to go inside autorig/capture skeleton and parent bones there but it can be a little scary network! so maybe also isolate one part delete/hide all else and then set it up on simpler example

hope this helps

z

For me (and to this I am a total newbie) most important after you finnish skeleton is where your muscles will attach and what shape they will have!

So if you are doing real human I would advise to take one limb like hand or leg do your skeleton with controls and then parent muscle locators(null nodes) excatly where you want muscle attached.

Then inside the muscle setup their shape and then do capture by metaballs and paint weights.

Thanks for your advice Z. I'm bouncing back from Touch Software and it's nice to see an active forum.

Do I have to have a skeleton? I noticed that blog link where the designer wanted ribs showing through the chest's skin. That's cool, but I was hoping for muscles without bones. My character will be fully clothed so I just need a little squash and stretch to keep the clothes looking uniform. I wash thinking of metaballs and painted weights attached directly to the mesh/skin or clothes.

~Shawn