Flip sim on top of Flip cache? New to Houdini

micro88

Hi there,

I'm quite new to Houdini - I have been using Real Flow for a few years but have decided to jump into Flip as it seems like it has huge power potential.

What I am trying to do is have multiple viscous fluids on top of one-another pouring down a surface at different speeds.

I dont want them to merge/blend into each other and want each as its own mesh so I have control over them separately down the line.

My thought is to do it as I would in Real Flow:

Do the first sim and cache it once happy, then sim the second fluid on top of the cached particles - so they react to the shape and flow but dont merge into eachother. Then repeat for any additional fluids.

My issue is that once I have cached my first liquid, I can't figure out how I can bring in those particles to my DOP network to use under the second fluid sim? Do I need to make some geo? Or a new DOP network?

Additionally, if there is a better method of keeping the different fluids separate and not having them merge, I would be grateful for the advice.

Sorry in advance if this has been posted before, I had a look around but couldn't find anything in previous topics.

Thanks for you time and help!

Edited by micro88