Fetch DOPimport

Hi, good day everyone! I'm trying to learn houdini.

I did try to dopimport my simulated geo but it shows up when I try to fetch them. I want them to be masked and hidden the geo. How can I hide this? On my simulation it has hidden and renders perfectly but in dopimport is shows up. Thank you!

No photo description available.

I can see how this might be confusing. The Object mask is not calling for a node, it's calling for the name attribute of your fractured pieces.

Every fractured piece must have an attribute "name" in order to be simmed in dops. If you fractured with Voronoi Fracture node, the default name is "piece" and it should have named your pieces from 1 to what ever number of pieces you made.

So in the object mask you want to write "piece*" (without the commas).  If you changed the name attribute before the sim, you will have to put that instead.

The * is just a way to include everything that is after. This way it doesn't matter what number is after the word "piece" in your name attribute, it will bring it.

• Like 1