Multiple meshes in staticobject problem

spiro3d

*newbie mistake, i looked at RBD collision hull while using bullet solver! How i could miss that is beyond me..

However when i change to concave to solve the multiple objects problem they stop interacting with my RBD pillar so still need help*

I have encountered this problem a few times and i could not find the solution by google.

If i make a simulation with RBD objects and add a staticobject with more than one mesh in it it affects the whole scene even if the collision hulls looks good like seen in the image.

In my example i have a few monsters i bring in from a crowd sim. If i only have one monster it works but if i have more they affect all RBD objects in the scene as soon they start to move.

The pillar crashes and follows the movement of the monsters.

I have tried both mesh and convert to vdb surface for collision. VDB is faster but same result as seen in the image as the pillar only crash with more than one monster. This problems happens every time i make staticobject with more than one mesh in it.

The collision hull looks good and i have tried invert sign with no difference. Changing the order in the merge node does not help. Mutual no difference.

What am i missing, i am new at Houdini.

Any help would be appreciated.

Screenshot_2020-05-06_at_11_23_36.png

Edited by spiro3d
the problem changed

Solved, using concave on the crowd mesh and i think unchecking polysoup on agent? it works as expected. Now my crowd can destroy objects. Gave them a big hammer also!

Guess i need to do alot more tutorials before i try things myself. Trial and error in Houdini is not an easy task!