Boolean made mistakes at the coincident primitives

Elon

Hi guys,

Boolean operator often outputs the wrong result when processing with coincident edges or primitives which coincide in mathematics.  

Like the figure below, when I try to union the left rectangle and the right polygon, An extra point '4' appeared, and those two only connect by p3-4. The same situation will also happen in some partial coincident primitives. And I can't fix them with facet / fuse / clean.....

:blink:How to avoid this problem or fix the result.

Thanks ~.

image.png.b7c3fb87e1abf1a3123c5528cd66aaa5.png

It's important for me because my purpose is to determine whether a series of solids intersect. And my method is boolean intersect, then calculate the volume. But Boolean operations often output nothing or just some separate faces that are not solids (because my solids sometimes have the same SIZEY, they may overlap above or below). Does anyone have a better way?

Thanks agaaain~

Edited by Elon

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Elon,

I'm experiencing a similar issue just looping over boolean subtracts.
It appears that the Houdini boolean's could certainly use an update to handle more special cases and improve stability (anyone know someone there?)

An option I have been considering is to use the polydoctor, flag the errors and  further process these to "fix" the anomalies.

but I don't hold out much hope for his...