checking if there is a volume before moving to the next step

I push a geometry really hard, until vdbfrompolygon breaks, but that's ok, when it works it's great, when it doesn't, the volume doesn't even show up, tough luck, we move to the next one.
So it's a for each loop, and I need to have a roadblock, a checkpoint, where I ask each vdbfrompolygon if there is a volume at all before proceeding to heavier noise computations:
- no volume? abort and move to the next one in the loop
- there is volume? cool, proceed with the rest of the steps
Sometimes there are very tiny bits of volume, these count as no volume for me.
I could let it run for all and only collect the good ones at the end and delete the rest, but it didn't sound very Houdini to me, there should be a clever way of only proceeding with the ones that have volume.

Edited by karen

On 5/28/2020 at 3:50 AM, karen said:

I push a geometry really hard, until vdbfrompolygon breaks, but that's ok, when it works it's great, when it doesn't, the volume doesn't even show up, tough luck, we move to the next one.
So it's a for each loop, and I need to have a roadblock, a checkpoint, where I ask each vdbfrompolygon if there is a volume at all before proceeding to heavier noise computations:
- no volume? abort and move to the next one in the loop
- there is volume? cool, proceed with the rest of the steps
Sometimes there are very tiny bits of volume, these count as no volume for me.
I could let it run for all and only collect the good ones at the end and delete the rest, but it didn't sound very Houdini to me, there should be a clever way of only proceeding with the ones that have volume.

hm, measure sop + switch? I guess there is no volume when the voxels are too big? Need to see the hip file to give the more precise answer.