Odd Scaling Issue While Parenting Mesh to Skeleton

Hello all!

I am using Houdini 18.0.460 to help develop mods for a game. I am very new to the software, so I'm sure I am missing an awful lot of best practices. 

The problem I am running into is that I have a very specific skeleton I have to link to the meshes, and then apply weights. Some of the clothing meshes seem to have some kind of scaling data on them when I import them from FBX, and I can't seem to figure out how to clean it up. Long story short, the skeleton is growing to 100x it's intended size when I parent the mesh. (I apologize if I am using a lot of terminology wrong, I am still learning about all of this.)

image.thumb.png.62933a1d4c4f2ed3112e5f3264c4a7e4.png

This picture shows what's kind of going on. The mesh itself remains the same size, but the skeleton grows exponentially. 

I have tried going to the drop down menu below the transforms, and selecting clean transforms, but it doesn't fix the issue.

If I select "Keep Position When Parenting" then the skeleton doesn't scale up. However, when I try to capture geometry it does not work, and when I try to manually apply weights the mesh behaves as though the skeleton is at a 90 degree rotation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

It seems you are dealing with a number of custom elements/settings that will be hard to help debug without at least a simple example file for people to dissect.  If you're able to post simple/proxy geometry with an example I think you'd get an accurate answer much quicker