Xray Mode In View / Operation

Hi,

I am new to Houdini. Just started 1 week ago.

I am making simple exercises with at the SOP level... simple poly modelling tasks...

I am familiar with the SubDivide / Cage preview technique... in which you keep the SUBD node in template mode... then continue to work in the previous node in ACTIVE mode... so you are able to see the low-poly cage and the SUBD smooth shaded in it... this is explained in the 5th chapter of the Houdini book.

Anyway... is there a way of XRay shading? I really want to be able to see the Normals... The Low Ploy Cage... and the Smooth Shaded SUBD inside... and for this the SUBD has to be XRAY... I mean transparent...

Another question... is it possible to increase the size of the points... I want to see them... and the numeric ID gets lost sometimes in the smooth shaded geometry... is it possible to configure these things...

Thanks.

You can do transparency in the viewport like this add a shader to your object that has a alpha value less than one set in its opengl tab. Then under viewport options turn on the transparency option, which is found on the misc tab.

Not sure but I don't think you can change the point display size.