transfering Cd to deforming geo

Hi everyone, I'm new to houdini and have a quick question regarding the best method for color transfer to a deforming geometry (scene file included). I was following a tutorial doing something similar to static non-deforming geo and got that working fine, but I'm curious on how to build on this simple concept with an animated mesh.

The problem is that I am using a sop solver to transfer the colors and this method doesn't seem to carry over the animation from my mesh. I've kindof figured out how to get it working with the depreciated point SOP but the results are messy with the color transfer. I've attached a super simple scene file for any kind folks willing to take a look and offer up some knowledge.

color_transfer_deforming_geo.zip

Here's an option that doesn't necessarily require a solver (unless the surface you're transferring from eventually animates away from the arm). You can freeze the arm in place and animate your shape over it to turn points white, then afterwards use Point Deform to make the points follow the original animation. The reason your colors were getting screwed up is that you were running Grain Source on a moving object, which means every frame your points were being regenerated and not necessarily in exactly the same order or number. This way you only compute that source once and then apply the original animation onto those points, so it has the advantage of being much quicker to evaluate, too.

color_transfer_deforming_geo_toadstorm.hiplc