Detail string inside another string problem

cmetze

Hi,
So Ive been stuck on this for a while and Im not sure what exactly Im doing wrong but I feel like it’s a simple thing that’s flying over my head which is often the case with my Houdini roadblocks.
Ive been thinking maybe its because I have a string within a string?

Situation A:
`chs(“../LoadFile1/file“)`
Ok so in situation A, everything loads correctly, I can paste that into a file nodes Geometry File parameter and it will correctly load up whatever mesh is in LoadFile1 and provide the file path, right?

Here’s where my problem comes in.

Ive created an attribute node named Current_Ref_Name that has a string attribute named currentref, Current_Ref_Name takes the output of a switch node that’s set to randomly switch inputs (which are file nodes) every frame. The string attribute will give the name of whatever file node is currently coming through the switch on each frame.

So I want to take that and dump it into another file node using:
`chs(“../`details(”../Current_Ref_Name“, ”currentref“)`/file”)`
Which should give me the file path of whatever is loaded into whatever file node is coming through my switch, except I keep getting an error ( Error Unable to evaluate expression (Bracing error). and Im not 100% sure whats wrong.

Can someone see where went I wrong?