kinefx retargeting cleanup

evanrudefx

edit: I figured out how to lock the foot, I used two different stabilize joints: one to keep the the foot from slipping, and one to match the rotation on the foot to the floor. I did that inside to an ik chain to update the rest of the leg hip is below on next post.

Hello, 

A few questions about cleaning up a mocap clip from mixamo when applied to this mech character. I could not include the whole mech, but the l eg is included in the hip. If you play the clip, you see unrealistic motion because I need all the joints under the left upper leg joint to stay in the same position in x. You can see how it bends my mechanical leg outward to the left, which is no good. Basically, what ever x axis position the upper left leg joint is at, everything below it must be at the same x position. The bottom rig is the rest pose, whats circled is the way it should look. All the joints in the same x position.

odforce.zip

joint.thumb.jpg.c5173b3a89ee3274631bd43ed066988a.jpg

Final question is how to keep the foot resting on the ground. Is that joint stabilize? I just want the foot to lay flat while its on the ground. Thanks!

foot.jpg

Edited by ejr32123

update: I figured out the 2nd part, how to orient the rotation. As I said earlier, I used two stabilize joints, one to stop sliding, and one to fix the orientation. All that going into an ik solver. hip file included (its not prefect, but you get the idea). I still need help with the first part though.

odforce.zip

image.png.a0f39b81eca9f69fb753a174532ee6d2.png

Edited by ejr32123
  • Like 1