Help with flip solver simulating paint (or other liquids) running down a wall

Jmg07

Hi,

I'm more after conceptual info, rather than the specifics about how to do this.

I'd like to simulate paint (or other liquids) running down a wall.

In real life, if you threw a blob of honey against a wall - that is quite viscous - it would run down the wall but some of it would be left behind on the wall (as if being transferred) ie the honey doesn't just slide slowly all the way to the bottom of the wall and end up in the same shape at the end. It would lose volume along the way. 

Paint, as another example, spilt onto the top of a wall, it would run down the wall, but the paint would also become "attached" to the wall for want of a better term and as it runs down the wall, the parts higher up the wall would be stained with paint.

In Houdini, I started off with "Flip fluid from object" and made a sphere a fluid. 

Then I made a wall from a box node and turned that into a static object connected to a static solver.

That's the basics. I thought about using an attribute transfer node to transfer colour, etc. from the flip fluid to the wall. But i'm sure there are better ways to do this.

Tutorials, advice, etc would be great..

Thanks