Need Help. Blending animation with RBD Metal deformations.

Hello Everyone,

I am currently struggling with a personal project. I was trying to figure out metal deformations in Houdini using Bullet solver and constraint switching (switching back and forth between glue constraint and soft constraints). But I am not satisfied with the results of the simulation. Is there any way to blend custom animation to guide the entire object in a specific way while allowing for deformations to take place? A perfect example would be a car hitting an object and continuing along its path with deformations.

I've tried a lot of techniques without any real success. So far the closest I was able to achieve was using a pop wrangle to get position data from a SOP path, calculating the difference using the current position in the simulation and the position from the SOP path and then adding it as velocity. It works somewhat like an active guide, but the simulation always lags behind the animation or the velocity keeps escalating out of control.

Could really use some fresh ideas. Thank you in advance.