Controlling thickness ramp with attribute

Rival Consoles

Hi there,

I'm trying to control the inset on polygons using an attribute (@Cd) but so far I haven't found a way to use the @Cd attribute inside the "Thickness Ramp"/"Value" which control the inset amount. For inset tasks I usually use the "Thickness" section inside the poly extrude sop, more specifically the "Value" parameter.

I created a @Cd attribute called "insetreg" and plugged that to a poly extrude sop. I want to use the @insetreg in the "Value" parameter within the "Thickness Ramp" controller in the poly extrude sop. However, when I type the attribute @insetreg inside the "Value" parameter within the "Thickness Ramp" section the inset goes to the max value automatically. Even if I change the color that is driving the @insetreg nothing brings the inset amount down.

That said, how does one go about using attributes to control parameters within a ramp (float) controller or any other types of parameters?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Would it be possible for you to share your setup?

If not, some things you could try:
- @Cd is a vector attribute with 3 components. You should probably try to isolate one of these channels since inset is a scalar value.
- PolyExtrude can use attributes if you go to the Local Control tab (Inset Scale)