Visual Studio Code as external editor for vex

CreoAtive

Hi, is anyone successfully using vscode as an external editor for vex in wrangle nodes (there is a neat vex language extension out there, which I would like to use)? I have set up houdini to open up vscode once I use the shortcut CMD + E via the "VISUAL" environment variable. The problem appears to be that the temp file is immediately removed and vscode is therefore not able to open it for editing. I found that when I append "-w" (Documentation says: Wait for the files to be closed before returning.) to the command line arguments of vscode for opening it from inside houdini it will at least open the temp file with the current contents of the wrangle node but now houdini is not responsive anymore until I close the opened temp file and the changes made inside vscode are loaded back into houdini. This feels really counterintuitive. This is happening on macOS with vscode v1.57.1 and houdini indie 18.5.596. I would appreciate any input :-)