Mirrored groom and reversed tip-root points problem

bolekcg

Hi Guys.

That's the first post of mine so at first thank you everyone for spending time and such a great effort for sharing knowledge. That's what i really appreciate !

Anyways ... lately started my journey to houdini and as I'am grooming/fur guy i started with my profesion thing in houdini ... and it lasted ... about hour to wonder how to go further :)  so question goes below.

I did pretty simple ear fur and wanted to mirror it so as follows i removed one side of guides , then mirror proper one (adjust position) then i did ray node for sticking root point to surface and then i used merge and i tried guidegroom again to adjust it a bit and demirror look of it . And here's the problem ... roots are considered as tips on those mirrored guides ... i tried reverse and some other things but i don't know if that's a bug of mine or if that's a feature :)

Thank you very much in advance!

Scene and prev below.

houdini_fur_graph.png

mis_02.hipnc

So another question related to mirroring namely ....

Which internal attribute is related to "max guide angle" attr. on hairgen node? and how make mirrored guides as they were generated from surface (not mirrored ). How to ... kind a reset them ?

When i'm using mirror it seams that guides holds info about it's previous positions (somehow ... don't know how and where) and i need very high "max guide angle" to cover it with fur

guide_angle_whenmirror.thumb.png.16b719a67ce555fafbc5f9fef35b1d66.png

WHILE

When using very similar guides but without mirror "max guide angle" works well

guide_angle_withoutmirror.thumb.png.16568f95c835ff617a93e62c659d8df3.png

Thanks once again in advance!!