VEX Shape-Matching

Hey guys, looking for some advice on how to check these 6 wang-tile faces for symmetry, or, ideally, if they're the same shape regardless of orientation (ie in this example, 3 of the 6 are U-shaped, 2 of the 6 are square-shaped, and the final shape is unique). I've been trying to accomplish this by storing the vert positions of each prim into an array as a prim attrib, then iterating through the array entries and swizzling them around, checking that swizzled vector array against the original 6, looking for matches. needless to say it's starting to get pretty messy, with nested loops 2 or 3 deep in some cases, and i feel like there's gotta be a simpler way that I'm just too amateur to have thought of. My final goal is have a dict of point positions representing the minimum number of prims/shapes to make the object (so as mentioned above, this object could be broken down into 3 unique profiles/shapes that are then oriented accordingly) . any tips would be greatly appreciated!

image.thumb.png.75a1ea66956752344eb4ae2f54b6b734.png

Edited by westonslater