Cloth With Constrained Wire

redpaw

Hi,

having a problem trying to figure out how to link a wire sim to a cloth sim

say like you have a piece of cloth with a hanging string or rope tied to it.

I can hook up the solvers, but it seems that they are not affecting each other properly...

one order on the multiSolver node blows up immediately and the other order ends up sticking out in space strangely

and not being affected by gravity properly ..

it also looks like i can run my cloth objects thru the wire solver and they will sim, but not with the sane nice output

I get from the cloth solver, and vice versa.. if I turn off the wire solver, It willl solve for the constraints on the wire but the rest of the wire will stay static but the cloth sims nicely...

I'm gonna try to attach my .hip file if anyone cares to check it out and lend me a hand figuring this out?

thanks

-redpaw

cloth_with_hanging_string.hip

In your case, the Multiple Solver is not what you want. To have the wire object hang from the cloth all you have to do is wire them up separately with their proper solvers and into a merge. A multisolver is used when you want to apply multiple solver operations to an object. In this case, trying to apply a wire and cloth solver to one object, let alone multiple objects won't go over very well as you have seen. It would also work better if you were to alter the curve a bit so it doesn't have to pop as much into place. There will also be some issues with collisions seeing as neither object really has a volume to try and collide with.

wire object --> constraints --> wire solver -- > \

merge --> gravity

cloth object --> constraints --> cloth solver --> /

Edited by Hammy