Why Could Mantra Use Only 1 Cpu To Make Bake Occ And Deep Shadow?

wierd, cause i also experience that problem,

when i render shadow maps -- with a licence.

does anyone else experience this?

I see that too here, gives me an error message along the lines of "multi cpu is not supported with shadow map creation"... I'm puzzled as to why it doesn't work... after all isn't it just rendering a z depth image from the point of view of a light?

I usually have a seperate single cpu ROP that outputs only shadow maps, after I render this out I'm free to use all 4 cores for rendering the final image... but its a thorn on my side when I'm at the lighting setup stage, need fast feedback when I'm moving the lights around and checking with lots of quick re-renderings.

S

Thought that might be the case... but a *.pic is a *.pic, right? the puzzling thing is that multi cpus can definetely write to it, just not when rendering shadow maps.

I havent tried this yet but we could set something up where there would be a proper camera rendering a Z pass from the pov of the light, with multiple cpus... loading the resulting *.pic as a shadow map would work just fine, no?