New Zealand based, in UK (South) for a couple of weeks and available to meet to discuss potential work

ClemW

Hey Houdini people, just putting this out there - as the title says, I'm from Aotearoa NZ and staying in the UK for another couple of weeks (leave 13 Sept) and thought I'd see if any studios etc. are keen to meet to discuss some potential remote employment. 

Basically my situation is that I don't have any real professional experience, but have been learning Houdini with a passion for over three years, and learning to work with other DCC and game engines for considerably longer. The work I do to pay the bills is web development, initially full stack but for most of my career with a focus on development of complex user interfaces linking into middle tier and rest interfaces, so I have a strong background in programming and visual design. I did some Houdini work a year or two ago creating content (in the form of images to illustrate concepts in described in the text) for a university textbook). I have a very strong overall technical knowledge of Houdini as a software package, as well as a fairly deep & broad knowledge general of CG / 3D concepts. The main barrier I have to levelling up to the stage that I can feel a genuine peer to the professionals whose work I most admire is the need to maintain my existing career to earn a living, so would welcome any opportunity to start phasing out this work with any form of employment using Houdini and related packages.

I'm in the process of putting together some more substantial pieces of work for a showreel, so have mostly been holding off seriously seeking work until I have something that really represents my abilities. However since I'm in the UK I thought I might as well take the chance to see if anyone wants to talk in person to discuss working with me, either in the near term or in future. I'm staying in Salisbury, will be visiting London a few times and happy to travel to anywhere that I can reasonably get to. 

Here is my Behance & Vimeo profiles, they contain some bits and pieces though I'm aware that I need to get some more substantial work to the presentation stage. 
https://www.behance.net/clemwhite
superartificial (vimeo.com)

Also here's a little video of a VR game I was working on six years ago - partly just to show that I've been engaged in this field for some time!

My email address is clem.white.nz@gmail.com, and I have a UK mobile number for the time I'm here: 077 4141 4867 

Edited by ClemW
improvement to wording of the heading

• ClemW changed the title to New Zealand based, in UK (South) for a couple of weeks and available to meet to discuss potential work