guided flip tank, issues with big waves

irnes.ca

hello,

I am playing around with guided tank flip sim with a pretty big wave made with ocean waves sop, and I keep running into one issue I can't seem to find solution for.

What happens is that at some point (due to gravity or lack of velocity or not sure what) my fluid starts getting thinner and thinner at certain areas until it reaches the guiding surface, at which point reseed starts birthing new points on top and all together looks a bit messy as shown in pictures. Obviously it shows up later in meshing stage also.

I've tried pretty much every parameter on flip solver and flip object, forcing particle separation, with and without boundary layer, more substeps, with boundary velocities, velocity smooth - nothing really helps, except 
Increasing layer size on wave tank does a bit, but still doesnt work 100% always, plus it adds so much particles that I get limited by my ram memory at some point so I can't go crazy..

APIC solver method does act a bit better than FLIP , but I like the look of FLIP more so would love to keep it that way.

if anyone has had similar issue, id love to hear what was the solution, or how to avoid this..also any ideas would be welcome, thanks!

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG