Face From Vertex?

I would think this would be straight forward, just can't find it. I have a bunch of GEO_Vertex stored and I'd like to find out what face a vertex belongs to (if any). This isn't possible with GEO_Point since it could be a list of faces.. but with a vertex I'm guessing it's either none or 1. I can't find a method to return that given a vertex. Any thoughts?

thnx

d

I would think this would be straight forward, just can't find it. I have a bunch of GEO_Vertex stored and I'd like to find out what face a vertex belongs to (if any). This isn't possible with GEO_Point since it could be a list of faces.. but with a vertex I'm guessing it's either none or 1. I can't find a method to return that given a vertex. Any thoughts?

thnx

d

I don't believe that the vertex has a back-pointer to the primitive. So the only way to find it would be to search every primitive.

If you're doing this a lot, you might want to build your own list of back-pointers...

I don't believe that the vertex has a back-pointer to the primitive. So the only way to find it would be to search every primitive.

Fortunately "every primitive" does not have to mean EVERY primitive. If you use a GQ_Detail to represent your geometry, you can use the FOR_QUAD_EDGE() macro to iterate over the point's shared faces to see which one actually contains the vertex.

Cheers!