Tyreprint

Hey man

how close do u get to this trail?

like a skid mark?

if u check the file, make sure u render the rop sop :-)

this might work for what u doing ;)

:blink:

Thank man. Your help is really appreciated.

Yes, I am doing a skid mark. My car is drifting towards the camera, and I want o have a skid mark left on the ground (sand). My ground has a VEX mountain applied to it as well. I have one stupid question. If I follow what you did in the hip file...should I use the alpha to displacement map my ground (my ground has a texture on and displacement map on to gain a look of sandy ground)?

post-2528-1181170810_thumb.jpg

this is my test render of the ground.

thanks again

cherm

Hey

yeah, i suppose, if u want to give the illusion that the ground is being perturbed: convert that vop network into a displacement shader, just use the Cd value to displace the normal.

or convert that shader into a sop and displace the surface based off the point cloud, however a high level of detail displacement will have to have a heavier ground mesh because the points are being displaced, thats why it may be a better idea to do it in a displacement.

but if u just need a quick solution, id definately go with sops.

let me know if u need a example file

Hey

yeah, i suppose, if u want to give the illusion that the ground is being perturbed: convert that vop network into a displacement shader, just use the Cd value to displace the normal.

or convert that shader into a sop and displace the surface based off the point cloud, however a high level of detail displacement will have to have a heavier ground mesh because the points are being displaced, thats why it may be a better idea to do it in a displacement.

but if u just need a quick solution, id definately go with sops.

let me know if u need a example file

Hi there,

i think i need an example of how to convert that shader into a sop and displace the surface.

Thanks a million

tyre_v2.hipnc

Hope this helps,

Thanks man. it's very helpful. I have one more question about deep shadow map. If I have to render 150 frames do I have to render deep shadow map (.rat) for every frame? Or I just created once?

Thanks again. you saved my life big time.

Thanks man. it's very helpful. I have one more question about deep shadow map. If I have to render 150 frames do I have to render deep shadow map (.rat) for every frame? Or I just created once?

Thanks again. you saved my life big time.

When it comes to shadow maps: if the object that Casts a shadow is moving... then u have to recompute shadow maps.

& if nothing is moving, then obviously only one shadow map :-)

When it comes to shadow maps: if the object that Casts a shadow is moving... then u have to recompute shadow maps.

& if nothing is moving, then obviously only one shadow map :-)

hi again,

i rendered 10 frames out just to check the shadow maps, but it seems like all 10 .rat files (the shadow maps) look exactly the same. correct???

cheers