Constrain Two Rbd Objects Together

vdelanno

Hi,

I'm just beginning with houdini, and I need a way to create a spring between two objects. I found the spring constrain, but it rejects one object from a fixed point. I've not been able to affect one object from another one.

The first step of what I want to do is just a chain made of 4 points, both ends being fixed. And being able to modify the strength and rest length of each spring.

Then being able to add easily new points and create a net.

Would anybody have any cue on how to do this?

This sounds more like a problem for the cloth solver or using softbodies with pops. Perhaps if you could provide a detailed explanation on the final effect you'd like to achieve we could help out?

ED: If you want one object to stick to another, in H9, you will need to append the RBD Spring Constraint DOP below the merged RBD Objects. Set your constrained object to one rbd object, and the goal object to another. It should work.

Welcome to Odforce btw :-)

GW

Edited by GallenWolf

Thank you for your answer.

My goal is to simulate the face muscles. To do that, I'm going to create a spring net. And by modifying the strength and rest length of each spring, I will be able to modify the expressions of the face.

It works now: I was just placing the spring constraint before the merge node.

Next step: the spring should be attached to the center of each rbd object even if I apply a transform to the rbd.

I find the process to do that quite funny, simple and attractive. But there are some smal tricky things that can always make things not work :-)

This sounds more like a problem for the cloth solver or using softbodies with pops. Perhaps if you could provide a detailed explanation on the final effect you'd like to achieve we could help out?

ED: If you want one object to stick to another, in H9, you will need to append the RBD Spring Constraint DOP below the merged RBD Objects. Set your constrained object to one rbd object, and the goal object to another. It should work.

Welcome to Odforce btw :-)

GW