L-system_rendering_problem

Hi Odforce,

I am in trouble with rendering my L-System tree.

Briefly, I have an L-System tree which has an animation in "Random Scale" parameter that gives me the chance to animate the branches like it is "alive"

Also, I have just started creating a wood shader in VOPs.

However, when I made a sequence render test with the animated geometry I saw that the shader is swimming around :blink:

So I have tried to create different geometries. At the moment I have 3 different type of geometries and all have the same problem.

1. L-System Tube type (with Apply tube texture coordinates)

2. Polywire

3. NURBS (with a non-procedural approach)

To Conclude the shader swims in every geometry.

* I am not a VOPs or Texturing expert so I am probably missing something.

The attached .zip file includes the ".hip" and " UV.tif " files.

lsysrender_v1.zip

Thanks in advance.

cheers

I took a very quick look. One problem is that you are uvprojecting on every frame even though the geometry is deforming. Try switching the viewer to uvspace (hit space+5 in H8) and playing your animation to see what I mean. You could try locking the first frame and copying the uvs from that onto every following frame using the second input of a Point SOP. I suspect this isn't the only problem though and you also have something up in your VOPnet though which I didn't look at. You can do a 'sanity check' on your uv set-up by setting the shader to one that you know works from the shops that are pre-installed. For example, try shading with the polka dot shader. If that works then something is up in VOPs. If it doesn't work then you aren't setting up your uvs correctly. A VOPs problem is possibly shading space or aliasing (your noise frequency is set too high). Just some thoughts. Maybe someone else will shed some light.

I took a very quick look. One problem is that you are uvprojecting on every frame even though the geometry is deforming. Try switching the viewer to uvspace (hit space+5 in H8) and playing your animation to see what I mean. You could try locking the first frame and copying the uvs from that onto every following frame using the second input of a Point SOP. I suspect this isn't the only problem though and you also have something up in your VOPnet though which I didn't look at. You can do a 'sanity check' on your uv set-up by setting the shader to one that you know works from the shops that are pre-installed. For example, try shading with the polka dot shader. If that works then something is up in VOPs. If it doesn't work then you aren't setting up your uvs correctly. A VOPs problem is possibly shading space or aliasing (your noise frequency is set too high). Just some thoughts. Maybe someone else will shed some light.

Hı grasshopper,

Thanx for your advices and time.

I will keep these in mind and try againg.

I have already tried the model with different pre-installed shaders and the result was the same so probably it s a UV projection problem like you mentioned.

I will keep on workin on it and we ll see

Thanx again

cheers