Top Sides Bottom Texture In Vops

cherm

Hi there,

I am trying to create procedural textured shader in VOPs. Let's say I have my box and I want to texture top, sides and bottom primitives seperately, and I want to be able to control them procedurally. The thing is that I am not good at VOPs at all :( ; to be honest this is my first attempt. Can anybody give me a pointer where to start? all helps much appreciated.

cheers

pol

Hi there,

I am trying to create procedural textured shader in VOPs. Let's say I have my box and I want to texture top, sides and bottom primitives seperately, and I want to be able to control them procedurally. The thing is that I am not good at VOPs at all :( ; to be honest this is my first attempt. Can anybody give me a pointer where to start? all helps much appreciated.

cheers

pol

I would say the quickest and easiest way that I know of is to create point or prim attributes and use that in vops to determine how to shade. Just create a parameter vop and be sure the parameter name is the same name as the attribute you created.

Another way is if you take that box and facet it to have unique points, run it through the connectivty and partition sops, re-consolidate the points (if you want) and then apply a seperate shader for each group created. That could get a little crazy if it's more than a box, but you can adapt the process to suit your needs.

cheers

_chip

I would say the quickest and easiest way that I know of is to create point or prim attributes and use that in vops to determine how to shade. Just create a parameter vop and be sure the parameter name is the same name as the attribute you created.

Another way is if you take that box and facet it to have unique points, run it through the connectivty and partition sops, re-consolidate the points (if you want) and then apply a seperate shader for each group created. That could get a little crazy if it's more than a box, but you can adapt the process to suit your needs.

cheers

_chip

I will try to create point attributes and use that in vops. The reason that I want it procedural is because I have my ground which will be dynamically broken in chunks like Miguel did in his Road Destruction. Anyways, thanks for your suggestion. I will try my best, but don't know if I can manage to do it correctly or not. fingers crossed.... :(.

cheers

Pol

I will try to create point attributes and use that in vops. The reason that I want it procedural is because I have my ground which will be dynamically broken in chunks like Miguel did in his Road Destruction. Anyways, thanks for your suggestion. I will try my best, but don't know if I can manage to do it correctly or not. fingers crossed.... :(.

cheers

Pol

Oh. In that case just use the extrude groups and apply a different shader to the top and sides. In the extrude sop there is a group tab where you can enable groups for the front, back, and side primitives.

Oh. In that case just use the extrude groups and apply a different shader to the top and sides. In the extrude sop there is a group tab where you can enable groups for the front, back, and side primitives.

i c. thanks again for the advice. it all makes sense to me now :D . i will see how it goes.