Mantra Fur Procedure Problem

v2n

Hi All,

I'm trying to render some curves with the Fur Mantra procedure. It works ( no error message ) but not as expected.

I create three attributes ( furdensity, furtipwidth and furrootwidth) and save the skin with those attributes.

In the Mantra procedure, the three attributes are transfered from the skin geometry like this : -t "furdensity furtipwidth furrootwidth".

Only the furdensity works. The width keep the default setting of Mantra rendered curves.

Here is the complete Mantra Procedure : fur -s $HIP/skin.bgeo -g $HIP/guide.bgeo -t "furdensity furtipwidth furrootwidth"

and here is a repro scene : http://www.vol2nuit.fr/guillaume/houdini/Proc_Fur.rar

Any tips would help !

Thanks !

Guillaume

PS : I know Fur is updated in H9 but I use Houdini 8.2.154 with the fur proto install.

Edited by v2n

The furtipwidth and furrootwidth attributes were used in a very early version of the fur tools. Now you just use the standard rendering attribute 'width'.

Thanks a lot Wolfwood !

( I just changed the uv texture sop from "natural location" to "point texture" in order to get your expression works).

Cheers

Guillaume Laforge | La Maison

So now, the fur procedural render is fine but... motion blur isn't :unsure: .

I use something like this : fur -c 0.8 -s skin.$F.bgeo -g $HIP/guide.$F.bgeo $HIP/guide.`$F+1`.bgeo -t "furdensity" -T "width"

From the Houdini 8.1 fur help "-c" is the correct syntax for the shutter speed. Is it the same for Houdini 8.2 ?

Thanks

Guillaume

So now, the fur procedural render is fine but... motion blur isn't :unsure: .

I use something like this : fur -c 0.8 -s skin.$F.bgeo -g $HIP/guide.$F.bgeo $HIP/guide.`$F+1`.bgeo -t "furdensity" -T "width"

From the Houdini 8.1 fur help "-c" is the correct syntax for the shutter speed. Is it the same for Houdini 8.2 ?

Thanks

Guillaume

fur -c 0.8 -s skin.$F.bgeo -g $HIP/guide.$F.bgeo -g $HIP/guide.`$F+1`.bgeo -t "furdensity" -T "width"

Search the SESI forums for the Fur.otl, its a front end for building these strings for you. (Assuming you are using Houdini 8)